Book an Appointment to begin your journey into wellness and beauty!
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Botox Treatment For Forehead Wrinkles !!
Botox is a safe FDA-approved treatment for forehead wrinkles and fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes. It’s one of the most popular and effective cosmetic treatments among both men and women. It is commonly used as both a treatment for wrinkles and to help prevent wrinkle formation.
Botox is a neurotoxin that attaches itself to nerve endings causing them to block the release of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that’s responsible for triggering your facial muscles’ contractions. Your facial muscles relax, and the line and wrinkles in the skin above them smooth away.
- FDA-approved treatment which is safe, effective, and proven
- A great alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures
- Improves the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines, and crow’s feet.
- Requires neither surgery nor recovery time
- Quick, convenient, and temporary.
BOTOX PRE & POST TREATMENTS
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood-thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, St. John's wort, Omega 3/fish oil supplements, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your dermal fillers and botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event that you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler & Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also, bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period. Sculptra does take longer to see results, so plan accordingly.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore, or blemish in the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let us know.
- Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before you proceed. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You are NOT a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 4-6 hours following treatment
- Do NOT receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 7-10 days
- Do NOT lie down for 4-6 hours after your botox treatment. This will prevent the botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and will cause drooping eyelids.
- It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment, you may need additional botox. (Please call our office if touch up is needed)
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.
- Avoid heat including sun and heat.
What is Botox?
Botox improves the youthfulness and vibrancy of the face by minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The skin becomes smoother, and the lines that usually result from squinting, frowning, lifting the forehead and smiling decrease.
Is there downtime after a Botox treatment?
Sometimes called a lunchtime procedure, you can expect little to no recovery time after your treatment. You can return to your normal activities immediately.
We do recommend that you stay upright and refrain from massaging the injection area for 4 hours after the procedure, to prevent the cosmetic from moving beyond the treated area.
How should I prepare for my Botox treatment?
Before your Botox treatment, let your nurse know if you have had any other type of botulinum toxin injections in the last four months or if you have taken any muscle relaxants, sleeping medication or allergy medications. Your nurse may also ask you to refrain from taking blood thinners before your treatment.
You may wear your normal clothing to your treatment.
What will I look like after treatment, and how soon will I see results?
After treatment, you may experience slight bruising at the injection site. This should fade within 24-48 hours.
Usually you will begin to see results within 24 – 48 hours.
What does Botox treatment involve?
A Botox treatment can take as little as 10 minutes, depending on the extent of your session.
When you arrive for your treatment, your nurse may numb your skin to reduce discomfort during the treatment. You may receive a numbing injection, a numbing cream or a cold spray on your skin.
Next, a nurse will use a tiny needle to inject the Botox cosmetic into your skin or muscles. For crow’s feet, you will receive up to 3 injections in the orbicularis oculi (the muscle on the side of the eye area) on each side of your face, and for frown lines, you will receive 5 injections total in the muscles in your forehead.
How long will the results last, and will I need to repeat the treatment?
You can expect results to last up to 4 months.
Yes, you will need to repeat the treatment every 4 – 6 months. Otherwise, the lines and wrinkles will return.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT